Saturday, January 9, 2010

Neon Indian


So it's pathetic but I heard about Neon Indian through Pitchfork. I was perusing their Top Albums of the Year list, which I found trite and predictable for the most part. However, before that, I hadn't so much as heard heard anything about Neon Indian. Apparently they're a really big deal in the indie "chillwave", "lo-fi", etc genre nowadays. My take on them? I love it! "Deadbeat Summer" is ridiculously catchy.  You can listen to the whole album for free here: www.last.fm/music/neon+indian

What I especially like about Neon Indian is how easy it is on the ears. If I ever feel tired, if I just am in the mood to lay in a hypothetical hammock and be lulled by a warm blend of sound this is a delicious choice for my ever-ravished ears. Some songs have the happy upbeat skip of a Mario theme song but that is artfully countered by the singer's fuzzy vocals which could have me swaying and slow dancing by myself if only I had a warm meadow, obligatory white cotton dress and slightest warm breeze.

I definitely encourage you to check out their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/neonindian
They've labeled themselves as "acousmatic", "tape music," and "pop," a la Washed Out, Memory Tapes, and Girls. Do you dig it? You should!

And click the link below to get 2 free mp3s from Psychic Chasm!
http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Neon_Indian/music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directories