Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Post

Hey all! This is my first post but I am not new to blogging; I have had a plethora of blogs over the years and I generally tend to lose interest or feel wary of blogging about my personal life as it isn't too exciting. I'm currently in school, and spend most of my time practicing guitar, watching old Hollywood flicks, hanging out with my boyfriend, and listening to music. I am on air every other Wednesday on my friend's indie rock show, but my interests in music are vast and sprawling. However, I am trying to get back in the loop as it were and so this blog is going to be an attempt at writing reviews about new AND overlooked older music. The genres I am most knowledgeable on are twee and indie pop, 77 punk, '90s grunge and alternative. However I really have listened to everything from Japanese ska to spoken word/underground hip-hop. I will attempt to make my posts as thorough as possible, incorporating image and mp3 clips (if legal and possible). I would love to be sent demo tapes so if any artists come across this first entry and would like to be featured, please do not hesitate to contact me so I can give you an address to send a sample to (not my home address). This blog will mainly endeavor to cover music, but I am also a big film fanatic, and my boyfriend is far more attuned to the film realm as he is a screenwriter. His film is actually premiering tomorrow so I will be sure to include photos and a review (as I have not yet even seen it!). I hope you enjoy this blog, and if you would like for me to give my take on any particular album just send me a note and  I will be sure to respond!
~Bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directories